F.A.Q. Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What exactly is a recurring membership?
A recurring membership means that you will be billed a membership amount every time until you cancel your membership. You will have access to all updates during your membership. (average 15 updates per month).
- 2. I have a problem with paying through PayPal, are there other options?
Yes, it's possible to pay through Wire Transfer. Please contact us and we will send you exact info.
- 3. How can I cancel my membership?
Please go to PayPal to alter or cancel your membership.
- 4. Can I use my credits after the membership cancellation? How long is it valid?
Yes, please be aware that you can use the rest of your credits for another 12 months after your membership expires.
- 5. What will I get after becoming a member?
You will have access to more than 150,750 Hi-Res photos. Please browse all the photos in the member's section under CATEGORIES. To browse all the photos in categories, please click on the thumbnails. Premium content is available only to premium members.
- 6. Can I use these images for commercial texture packs, models, etc.?
Yes, you can use all of our photos for commercial projects. So it's possible to create textures from our photos to map environment objects and then sell the products and/or textures to 3rd parties. For more info please see HOBBY license and/or COMMERCIAL license. If you have any suggestions feel free to contact us.
- 7. How often do you update and what will the next updates include?
We update the website every other day. Premium content includes the following every month:
a) 4x15 seamless textures
b) 4x5 full spherical panorama references
c) 10x1 real object 3D scans
d) 2x20 decal references
There is also a lot of additional content for premium members.
- 8. What is the resolution of your photos?
Most of the photos are 4992x3360. We have recently started to use the 21Mpx Canon EOS 5D Mark II with a higher resolution of 5616x3744. Please check out our free samples section.
- 9. Will I get an invoice?
If you need an invoice, please contact us with the info about your company (name, address etc.) and length of your membership and we will send or fax you the invoice within 24 hours.
- 10. Is the environment-textures.com site part of the 3D.sk subscription?
www.environment-textures.com is a separate site focused on source photos for environment texturing. It's possible to get a discount when you buy a membership to both sites.
- 11. What should I do in case I lose my login/password?
Please contact us and look up your data. You will need any 2 of the following. Your PayPal mail address you used when you joined or your subscription number.
- 12. Can I have more free samples?
- 13. Can I showcase my work made with your photos on your site?
Yes, you can and we welcome you to do so. You can submit your works directly to the site by clicking "My Photos" in your profile settings. You can upload your photos there and they'll be showcased under our User Works Gallery. Each photo needs to be approved by our admins, though. It usually takes up to 24 hours.
- 14. I need access to ZIP files!
When you have bought single membership you should be able to see "zip file" under each thumbnail. If not please contact us with your functional log in name and we will check it out. If you are a monthly recurring member you will be able to create and download zip files after 3 months.
- 15. What should I do if I use all my credit in my membership package?
You can purchase more credit at any time. In order to do this, you need to choose the right credit pack for your purpose.
- 16. What is a Premium Membership?
Premium membership is available for either the commercial or hobby memberships and features tons of additional content compared to the standard membership. It contains all the photos from the regular membership in zip files + a lot of additional content. Premium users will receive about 4x15 various seamless textures, 4x5 full spherical panorama references, 4x5 skydome references, 10x1 real object 3D scans, 2x20 decal references and additional environment textures. Premium content is updated weekly.
- 17. Why can't I download any Hi-Res pictures?
a) You have either reached your daily limit of 250 pictures or your login name was used by more users. The problem should be solved automatically after 24 hours. If you are still blocked after 24 hours please contact us.
b) If you are using a dial-up connection please contact us and we will change the set up of your account ASAP.
- 18. Is it possible to change my profile info?
To change your profile info log in and go to Settings in the menu bar of the website. There you can edit your profile.
- 19. How to prepare the references if they do not line up?
We do not edit our photos, so it is usually important to edit them before you start the modeling process. Here are some nice video tutorials on how to prepare our photos for use as reference plates in your 3D package: http://www.free3dtutorials.com/
- 20. I am a student. Could I get a student´s discount?
Yes, we offer a special educational membership for 1 year focused mainly on graphic schools, workshops and universities. You will get access to all of the content of Environment-Textures.com (excluding Premium content) in 1/3 of the original resolution. The price of this membership is 21.95 EURO per user for 1 year. If you are interested in the educational membership contact us.
- 21. I have slow traffic on your website. Why do I have this trouble?
We test our server connection each month. We found that the highest traffic is between 12:00 PM to 5:00 AM CET. Troubles with speed can be caused by your internet connection.
- 22. Can I use my credits to download photo references from partner websites - Female Anatomy, Human Anatomy, 3D.sk, 3D scans and Comic References?
No, every project uses a separate credit system and it is therefore necessary to purchase a separate membership for each specific project.
- 23. Can I upgrade my membership to Premium membership?
Yes, you can upgrade at any time. Unfortunately, in order to do this, you need to cancel your regular membership and purchase a new Premium membership. It is not possible to upgrade your regular membership directly.
If you haven't found the answer to your question feel free to contact us.